Il palazzo Corsini e il suo giardino ad Albano Laziale nel contesto romano tra XVIII e XX secolo
In: Quaderni dell'Istituto di Storia dell'Architettura: 72, 2020
The essay illustrates the historical events and the significance of the Corsini complex in Albano Laziale, which, over time, has been subject to many transformations. Built in the late 18th century and commissioned by Cardinal Andrew and Prince Bartolomeo Corsini, the building was designed by architect Paolo Posi and his assistant, Giuseppe Palazzi. Following its purchase by Charles IV Bourbon, the building was expanded on both sides by Giulio Camporese, who also designed the garden decorated by the sculptor, Ramòn Barba. At the end of the 19th century, the architectural body was purchased by the Fratelli delle Scuole Cristiane and used as a school, with considerable modifications of its distributive and functional structure. The bombings of 1944, and subsequent reconstruction, strongly altered the spatial articulation of the complex, changing the system of paths. Several considerations are made regarding the current use and the possible future of this important monument.