Un ritrovato accesso antico al Foro di Cesare
In: Bullettino della Commissione Archeologica Comunale di Roma: 117, 2017
The analysis of the historical data and archives shows that a square existed in front of the church of St. Urban, which was built in 1263 on the ruins of the Forum of Trajan. A drawing preserved in the archives of the Sovrintendenza Capitolina ai BBCC presents the remains of a Roman brick wall with an arched portal, which was found in the excavations of 1932 and subsequently reinterred. The rests that are currently buried under via dei Fori Imperiali are identified with a section of the perimeter wall of the east portico of the Forum of Caesar, in which a large arched entrance was open, known in Medieval times as the Archulum sancti Urbani.